Logikos assisting Spectrum Engineering with SmartGrid UMS
With the support of a Department of Energy grant award to the City of Auburn, IN, Logikos will work with Spectrum Engineering (of Auburn, IN) to design, deploy, and support the Auburn SmartGrid UMS. Logikosí primary role in this effort will be to design and implement the software integration components required to realize the objectives the Auburn SmartGrid UMS. This software system will integrate key information and select features from several application functions such as SCADA, AMI/Metering, GIS, eServices Portal, Customer Billing, and an eServices Portal, as well as provide new feature functions to support the following DOE goals for the SmartGrid initiative:
- Enabling informed participation by consumers in retail and wholesale electricity markets.
- Accommodating all types of central and distributed electric generation and storage options.
- Enabling new products, services, and markets.
- Providing for power quality for a range of needs by all types of consumers.
- Optimizing asset utilization and operating efficiency of the electric power system.
- Anticipating and responding to system disturbances.
- Operating resiliently to attacks and natural disasters.